This is a progress report for August 27th, 2009:
The graph below compares the number of hikes I should have completed so far (the blue line) with the number of hikes I have completed (the red line). I’ve been dancing with the blue line since the day I began this project 115 days ago. As I predicted in my last progress report, my trip to Oregon in late July pushed me ahead by four hikes. Unfortunately, a few weekends this month of long hikes caused me to fall behind (see below). I’m currently two hikes behind, which I’m not worried about at all.
Here’s something fun for those of you who like numbers:
- Number of hikes completed: 46
- Number of days into project: 115
- Number of miles hiked: 193.2 miles
- Longest hike: 14 miles (Hike #21 – Telescope Peak, Death Valley)
- Hardest hike: Hike #21 (Telescope Peak, Death Valley)
- Furthest hike from home: Hike #38 (Terrebonne, Oregon – 851 miles from home)
If you hike with me, you become a prestigious respected member of the newly-formed “100 Hikes Club.”
- Number of members: 40
- Top 5 ranking members:
- Dad (9 hikes: #30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 & 38)
- Mom (7 hikes: #30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37 & 38)
- Melanie (5 hikes: #5, 13, 26, 29 & 40)
- Chris (4 hikes: #6, 21, 42 & 44)
- Samantha (4 hikes: #18, 21, 39 & 42)
I’m just shy of hiking 200 miles for this project, which equals about the same amount of hiking I did for all of the previous three years combined.
Again, I want to thank all of my family, friends and readers for their support. On the trail with me or not, your inspiration and motivation is what fuels me.